Tupper Lake, NY


Code Enforcement

The Code Enforcement Department is responsible for administration and enforcement of the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code and NYS Energy Code, along with related Village codes.

The Code Enforcement Department also processes applications for appeals to the Village of Tupper Lake Zoning Board of Appeals. Applications for site plan review, special use permits, and subdivisions within the Village of Tupper Lake are received by the Town of Tupper Lake Planner and reviewed the the Joint Planning Board.

Permits are required for most construction, alternation, and renovation projects within the Village including roofs, fences, sheds, signs, and pools.

How do I...

...file a complaint?

To file complaints regarding noise, garbage, or illegal burning, or to report situations that are an immediate threat to health or safety, call the Police Department at 359-3776. If it is an emergency dial 911.

For other complaints such as work being undertaken without a permit or property maintenance issues, contact the Code Enforcement Department at 359-3341 ext. 106.

...obtain a building permit?

A building permit application is available online or at the Village offices. Completed applications must be submitted to the Code Enforcement Department.

...schedule an inspection?

Call the code enforcement officer at 359-3341 ext. 106.

Electrical Inspectors:

All electrical work requires an independent inspection by an approved electrical inspector. The following inspectors are approved by the Village of Tupper Lake:
The Inspector

Documents & Forms:
Application for Amendment to the Zoning Map
Application for Grant of Variance
Application for Hawkers and or Peddlers License
Building Permit
Demolition Permit
Fence Ordinance Compliance Inspection
Land Use Code
Land Use Code Fee Schedule
Sign Permit
Special Use and or Subdivision Permit
Zoning Map

International Code Council
National Fire Protection Association
NYS Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code and NYS Energy Code
NYS Department of State Division of Code Enforcement and Administration
NYS Workers' Compensation Board Request for WC/DB Exemption (Form CE-200)