Tupper Lake, NY

 

Town of Tupper Lake

Tupper Lake is a town in the southwest corner of Franklin County, New York. The population was 5,971 at the 2010 census. The town contains a village of Tupper Lake. Until July 2004, the town was known as Altamont, but was changed as to not be confused with the village of Altamont in Albany County.

The Town of Altamont was organized in 1890 from the Town of Waverly and was the last town organized in Franklin County. In 1913, a part of St. Lawrence County was added to the Town of Altamont.